Some familiar things to hear in an I.T. department:
- Maybe it’s time to start doing issue tracking or helpdesk ticketing.
- Maybe we should start covering more hours with our helpdesk.
- We don’t really know how to handle our helpdesk overflow.
- Maybe it’s time to invest in a system monitoring solution to reduce helpdesk calls.
- Maybe it’s time to add second-level and third-level support to our helpdesk staff.
Any one of these propositions can be daunting–and pricey–to a small I.T. department. The cost of implementing ticket tracking and system monitoring alone is extremely high ($15,000 or more for many of the smallest businesses), to say nothing of trying to implement overflow schedules to handle high call volumes or add pricey third-level skillsets to the team.
The problem is, the “let me at ‘em” attitude that pervades most in-house I.T. departments is a phenomenon, which, while admirable, is often at odds with the objectives of the business. I.T. managers often try to learn how to build a proper helpdesk outfit with ticketing, service level agreements, and issue escalation, by choosing from a variety of pricey software components to accomplish each. Worse still, sometimes I.T. outfits will attempt to develop the software components themselves, wasting time and resources.
The end-result is a helpdesk practice that fails to meet industry best practices and serves to reinvent the wheel in a very costly fashion.
With Best Technology’s Managed Helpdesk, there’s a better way. Out local-sourced helpdesk service includes:
- Hotline service
- Optional system monitoring via MTP
- Second-level and third-level support escalation
- Cradle-to-grave issue tracking
- Macro-reporting on service delivery
- Hot-spot reporting
- Automated ticketing with container-based security, so end-users can’t see each other’s tickets, but dept. managers can.
- Optional second and third shift availability
- 24×7 always-on web based issue reporting
As you consider how best to implement ticketing and issue tracking in your company’s I.T. department, consider Best Technology. As always, we’re here to help.